PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
School of Prophecy is an initiative of Timeless Wonder Foundation, a charity registered in England and Wales, Charity Number 1105171.
Your privacy is very important to us. Accordingly, we have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how Timeless Wonder Foundation collects, uses, communicates and disclose and makes use of personal information. All personal data, whether it is held on paper, on computer or other media, will be subject to the appropriate legal safeguards as specified in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
The principles of the regulation require that personal data shall:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met.
- Be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes.
- Be accurate and where necessary, kept up to date.
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
- Be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights.
- Be kept secure from unauthorised or unlawful processing and protected against accidental loss, destruction or damage by using the appropriate technical and organisational measures.
- Not to be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
We are committed to conducting our charity in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
1. DATA COLLECTION
We collect personal information when you are in contact with Timeless Wonder Foundation. For example when you:
- Register details via embedded forms on our website or social media
- Make a donation using offerings or electronic means
- Provide your contact details in writing or orally to our staff and volunteers
- Purchase goods or services, including when you provide credit or debit card details
- Communicate with the charity through means such as email, letter, telephone
Timeless Wonder Foundation will treat all of your personal information as private and confidential, not to be disclosed with anyone other than the leadership and ministry overseers/co-coordinators within the charity, in order to facilitate the administration and day-to-day ministry of the charity.
There are four exceptions to the above permitted by law:
- Where we are legally compelled to do so.
- Where there is a duty to the public to disclose.
- Where disclosure is required to protect your interest.
- Where disclosure is made at your request or with your consent.
3. USE OF DATA
Timeless Wonder Foundation will use your personal information for three main purposes:
- The day-to-day administration of the charity e.g. pastoral care, including calls, WhatsApp messaging, and keeping financial records for audit and tax purposes.
- Making contact with you to keep you informed of charity activities and resources.
- Statistical analysis; gaining a better understanding of our demographics. N.B. although collated charity data may be passed to a third party, such as number of events attended, no personal data will be disclosed.
Information contained in our database will not be used for any other purposes than the above in section 3. The database is accessed through the cloud and therefore, can be accessed through any computer or device with internet access.
1. Access to the database is strictly controlled through the use of name specific passwords, which are selected by the individual.
2. Those authorised to use the database only have access to their specific area of use within the database. This is controlled by the Data Controller and other specified administrators. These are the only people who can access and set these security parameters.
3. People who will have secure and authorised access to the database include Timeless Wonder Foundation staff, data in-putters, ministry team leaders and to a limited basis, those who act as “Buddies” within the charity pastoral system.
4. All access and activity on the database is logged and can be viewed by the Database Controller.
5. Subject Access – all individuals who are the subject of personal data held by Timeless Wonder Foundation are entitled to:
- Ask what information the charity holds about them and why.
- Ask how to gain access to it.
- Be informed how to keep it up to date.
- Be informed what Timeless Wonder Foundation is doing to comply with its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes of providing personal data as set out above.
External Third Parties
1. Service providers acting as processors based in the UK and US who provide website, social media, media and IT and system administration services.
2. Course, payment and event management systems including Eventbrite, Airtable, Webflow, Zoom, Stripe and Google.
3. Electronic marketing and research services such as Mailerlite, ConvertKit and Google Forms.
4. Professional advisers including payroll providers, lawyers, bankers, auditors, pension advisors and insurers based in the United Kingdom who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
5. HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
*MailChimp, Airtable, Google, Convertkit, MailerLite, Zoom, Stripe and Eventbrite are US based companies and are certified under Privacy Shield.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our organisation.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our Data Protection Lead on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Officeon 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our charity in conducting and managing our charitable activities to enable us to give you the best community, events, products and services and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
WEBSITE PRIVACY & COOKIES
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites).
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
10th September 2023
Timeless Wonder Foundation. Charity Number: 1105171.